Flame protection is when the flame is extinguished, the gas stove can automatically
cut off the gas source protection. Flame protection is the most common gas stove
security protection, the market there are two gas stove flame protection (referred to
as the out of protection) - thermocouple-off and ion-induced induction out of
● thermocouple principle is the application of the metal physical properties, are
temperature-sensitive induction, flameout protection action by temperature sensing
● ion induction principle is the application of the flame photoelectric properties, the
need to support the operation of electronic circuits, no electricity is invalid; ignition
speed, once the flame deviation from the sensor needle, immediately turn off flame.
● In comparison, thermocouple out of the use of performance more stable, longer
You know: the cooking environment is open, it is impossible to avoid the impact of
external air (wind)
● ion-induced to avoid accidental flameout phenomenon occurs frequently, some
1. Add an induction needle to double the sensing effect, ensuring at least one
contact with the flame
2. Use of electronic circuits to extend the flame protection time. Even if the two
induction needle at the same time not feel the flame exists, the gas in the delay
range is still output as usual.
● thermocouple in a specific temperature below the instantly cut off the gas supply,
are instant response, the general out of time is about 9 seconds; ion sensing type
generally need to extend the extinguishing time, the delay is reflected in the actual
out of time is not 0.1 seconds, That is about 0.1 seconds +6 seconds = 6.1 seconds!
Note: The above out of time in the national standard, the GB is fully taken into
account the safety and use requirements.
Thermocouple flame protection technology is more suitable for gas stoves (open environment combustion), ion induction flameout protection technology is more suitable for gas water heaters (closed environment combustion), which is why the major gas companies specify the use of thermocouple Turn off the gas stove to protect the grounds! In fact, the vast majority of gas stove manufacturers are selected thermocouple flame protection.